Kelly the Culinarian: Cooking with Kelly: Blueberry cheesecake

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cooking with Kelly: Blueberry cheesecake

Remember that blueberry sauce I used on top of my patriotic grilled dessert? I used the same recipe for blueberry sauce, substituting orange zest and juice for lemon, to top a cheesecake.

I was invited to a dinner party, and that presented a problem for me because I wanted to bring something, but it's still a bajillion degrees outside, so I didn't want to turn on the oven. Instead, I bought one of those no-cook cheesecake mixed and made the sauce on the stove top. It was really simple, not that messy and apparently a success. Even a fellow party guest who doesn't like cheesecake said it was good, but she may have been flattering me.


As the photo shows, the crust was a little crumbley, but overall, a great summer dessert because it was cold and not too heavy.

3 comments:

Oh for the love of food! said...

Kelly, Great idea for scorching days!

WokandSpoon said...

I love blueberries on cheesecake! Lovely!

Sylvia said...

I only use fresh bluberries in dezember. I copy your recipe,and I will make in the early summer.