Kelly the Culinarian: Cooking with Kelly: Bugs Bunny Waffles!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cooking with Kelly: Bugs Bunny Waffles!

These waffles and I have a long history. When I was 7, my aunt gave me a Bugs Bunny Waffle maker for Christmas. I'm sure she didn't know what a role this would play in our family.

Over the next several years, we moved this apparatus around with us through at least four out of state moves.

A couple months ago, after a long history with my family, the Bugs Bunny Waffle maker met its last waffle. Something inside of it went bad and it no longer heated up. The way this waffle maker works, a light turns off when it's hot enough and then you add the batter.

When I moved, I found an inconspicuous package on my front porch. Oddly enough, my sister found a Bugs Bunny Waffle maker on eBay. We have been using it at least weekly since we moved in.
This serves as just a little reminder that food can transport you to different times and places. Never underestimate the power of a dish to take you back.

Best housewarming gift ever.

No comments: