Kelly the Culinarian: Ladies who brunch

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ladies who brunch

Brunch is my favorite entertaining option. It's delicious, can be as light or decadent as you desire, takes just a little bit of prep and can look super impressive. I recently had some of my favorite ladies over for brunch, which included mimosas, tons of food and gossip. I love my ladies!


I served blueberry scones, banana bread, cinnamon glazed scones (my favorite!), turkey bacon, fruit salad, an egg casserole and a baked oatmeal. Here's the banana baked oatmeal recipe:

1 cup quick oats

1 cup old-fashioned oats

1/2 cup splenda

1/3 cup raisins

1.5 large bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon baking soda

1.5 cups skim milk

1/4 cup egg whites or egg substitute

1 tablespoon flaxseed meal

Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then combine. Place in a greased 8x8 baking dish and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees or until the top is brown. This makes nine servings.

Napoleon was not so pleased about this gathering. I had to move his cage out of the way, and he expressed his displeasure by somehow getting on top of his cage and staying there. Yes, that is a bold statement, sir.

No comments: