Kelly the Culinarian: Guess what came in the mail today?

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Guess what came in the mail today?

My race medal! At last week's Fitness for America 10K, I placed third in my age category. Because I didn't expect this, I didn't wait around for the award ceremony, so they had to send me my medal. And of course, I was super psyched when it arrived and proceeded to wear it around the house. I don't know what to do with my medal now, but it looks pretty sweet.

Also, the race photos have been posted. Even though I ran past at least three photographers, there's only one photo of me. I bought the download, just because it was $.99, but this picture isn't even worth printing. Oh well, I'll have my shiny, heavy medal to remind me about the victorious race.

1 comment:

Maggie W said...

Awesome!! And nice medal! I'm not sure what to do with my small collection of medals and bibs. I've seen runners use the medals for their own running-themed mini-Christmas tree.