Kelly the Culinarian: Cooking with Kelly: Protein-Packed Pumpkin Snacks

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cooking with Kelly: Protein-Packed Pumpkin Snacks

I will leave no pumpkin unturned in my quest to enjoy all things pumpkin. I am on a mission to obliterate all my pumpkin craving pangs, and it's been a tasty adventure. Because there are never enough meals in the day in which to stuff pumpkin, I added pumpkin snacks to my routine. And protein is something I always need more of, so here are some ideas to get the best of both worlds.

Pumpkin Protein Oats
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 Tablespoon Splenda
Dash of pumpkin pie spice
Water, to taste
Combine ingredients and microwave for two minutes. Add water as needed to achieve your preferred consistency.

Pumpkin Yogurt
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
1 Tablespoon Splenda
Dash of vanilla extract
Dash of pumpkin pie spice

Combine all ingredients and serve. I like to top my yogurt with oatmeal for testure, but that's optional.

No comments: