Kelly the Culinarian: Cake Does Not A Good Run Make

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cake Does Not A Good Run Make

Today's my birthday. I'm 27, which is the same age my mom was when she had me. In the past year, I've traveled to Jamaica, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee, North Carolina, Seattle and New Orleans. Tim and I also celebrated our second wedding anniversary. I ran my first 5-mile race, 10k race and 11.5-mile race. I'll be completing my first half-marathon on Sunday at age 27, and I'm looking forward to seeing what races and other challenges I can conquer in the next year.

I've already been celebrating my birthday for a few days. Over the weekend, Tim took me shopping in honor of the day. When I woke up this morning, he asked me how 27 feels. I asked him how 27 has treated him and he said it's been wonderful since he's married to me. *Melt*

I'm very lucky.

I had a great day at work filled with sweet cards, well wishes, treats and a fantastic lunch at
Quesa Broso. This place has rocking enchiladas con mole. So tasty!

When I came home tonight, I hit up the cake I brought home from my mom's house. Last night, I went over to her house for celebrating. My parents got me a ceramic pumpkin for my front porch and a new coat. Katie gave me a hot new running outfit and Mandy picked up

reflective bands and a blinking safety light for me. My mom really stepped up her cake-making game and made this amazing four-layer chocolate cake. After enjoying every delicious, calorie-laden bite, I decided to take my new gear for a run. It was not a plan for success.

I didn't get hit by a car, so the gear is, in fact, working, but cake as fuel is not a great idea. So, no more cake until the race is over with Sunday!

3 comments:

Maggie W said...

Happy birthday!!

Teamarcia said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like your celebration was fun, and what a productive year you had.
Here's to another great year ahead!

Kim said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I have that same Nathan Strobe and love it! It's so easy to pin to my bra at night when I run (not that I run shirtless, I let the light stick outside my clothing, from my bra). If you drop it, and it stops working, it's easy to fix at home. My husband has a few times for me! :)