Kelly the Culinarian: Training Tuesday: It's the Final Countdown

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Training Tuesday: It's the Final Countdown

*Cue the music* It's finally here! I'm just days away from my first half marathon. Rachael and I are driving down to Louisville Saturday, hitting the expo and spending the night in a nice hotel before taking our spots at the start line of the Big Hit Half Marathon. My goal will be to finish the race in two hours.

While I had a crappy run this weekend, I also had a glorious 5.38-mile run at race pace on Saturday, followed by free yoga. Alas, I made the mistake of looking at all the overpriced gear at Lululemon and am now lusting over a $100 running top. There's no way I can justify the expense ever, so I'm going to vow to not look at the merchandise again.

I would have loved to have an awesome 10-mile run Sunday, but it just wasn't in the cards. Instead, I'll focus on a little cross training this week, a few shorter runs, rest, lots of sleep, hydration and proper nutrition. I'll also be working on the mental aspect of this race, visualizing a strong and painless finish with less than two hours on the clock and planning our Kentucky jaunt.

Mantra: I have run the miles. I have followed the plan. I have laid the groundwork. I will own this race!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I can't wait to hear how you love your first HM!

I have not even looked at Lululemon! I don't want to be tempted! :)