Kelly the Culinarian: Grounded in Gratitude

Monday, November 21, 2011

Grounded in Gratitude

Last night, I went to a really cool event at Lululemon. They hosted a candlelit yoga session with the theme of "grounded in gratitude." The class focused on identifying things in your life that annoy or frustrate you and finding the positive aspects about that.

For me, I find the holidays very stressful because we have to schedule and divide our time. It gets frustrating to try and be in two places at once. However, the upswing is that we have so many people in our lives that want to see us.
After an hour of yoga, they also served up snacks, including chocolate fondue and a chocolate chip cookie cake. Don't mind if I do ...

Another thing I'm grateful for is to have today off of work. Tim and I headed downtown to enjoy the day before the heavy holiday crowds set it.

We hit up one of our favorites, Cemitas Puebla, for a lunch courtesy of a Living Social deal.
Then, off to Navy Pier for some fun.
And also some shopping. I learned a fun fact from a book about Yorkies at the store: they are tough little cookies. I guess I should have known that. Napoleon is pretty badass.
We wrapped up the afternoon back at Navy Pier, which had a pretty good $14 parking deal now that it's the off season.

1 comment:

Maggie W said...

I soooo know what you mean about the stress of splitting the holidays. We try to do Thanksgiving with one family, and Christmas with the other, and then switch the next year, and so on. But to some people, it still feels like that's not enough and they try to guilt me. What the heck. OK, enough grumpiness.