Kelly the Culinarian: Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am very thankful for chocolate today. Although my chocolate came in many forms, my favorite was the flowing chocolate fountain kind, which made its appearance tonight after a several year hiatus.

I'm equally thankful that I now have a dishwasher. I remember trying to clean this stupid chocolate fountain when I lived in an apartment without a dishwasher. It was a pain and a major ordeal that involved Q-tips, paper towels and dish rags.

I'm also thankful for working out, which allowed me to indulge in lots of chocolate-covered treats with only minor guilt.

I'm thankful for the tiny squeaky tennis balls from Kong, which keep Napoleon quiet until he breaks the squeaker, which is usually at least a day.

I am thankful for Amazon Prime, which has brought me many of my Christmas shopping items over the past few days without paying for shipping. It's way easier to stay in the holiday spirit when I'm not fighting crowds to buy that one last thing I forgot.

Finally, I am thankful for a comfy bed. After several nights of sleeping in a clean but not so comfortable hotel mattress last week when traveling for work, I'm very happy to be back at home in my own routine. I like sleeping in my own bed with Tim and my favorite sheets.

No comments: